Marijuana Afghan Kush
$35.00 – $1,300.00
THC: up to 15%
APPEARANCE: Light and darker color green with thick orange hairs
SMELL: Not the greatest smell mango mixed with a musty basement
BEST FOR TREATING: Insomnia, Anxiety, Pain, Appetite, Depression and Migraines
CREATED FEELINGS: Good for night time, energetic at first then mellow and relaxing
DURATION: Varies by quality but usually 2 hours
SIMILAR STRAIN: Afghani
Marijuana Afghan Kush
- Afghan Kush, also known as “Afghan OG,” is another indica strain which was brought from ‘Hindu Kush’ mountain range.
- This is classified as easy-to-grow marijuana strain and is known for its stereotypical body effects that are typical to indica strains.
- These effects will last up to 2 to 3 hours. Traditionally, this particular strain will be harvested for giving out higher counts of hashish.
- The plant will be sturdy with light colored nugs and resinous trichomes. The buds are covered with numerous red or dark orange colored hairs.
- While the THC levels of Afghan Kush strain are found to be 21.6% (of all cannabinoids), the CBD levels are also high and has good medicinal values.
- The aroma of this medical marijuana strain will be like a mango orange farm with a pinch of funky odor. The taste of this strain is not at all harsh.
- This will have a bland and fruity taste.
- This strain is known to affect the user’s body more than his/her mind which would lead to a feeling of laziness/sleepiness.
- Due to these effects, this is most often used by insomnia patients as a bed-time medication. This is also good for stress, anxiety, anorexia and chronic pain.
Origins, Genetics, History
is the default landrace strain which is parent to many other varieties of weed. It is a full Indica, 100%. hails from the Hindu Kush mountains. gives one the vision of monks using the weed in careful meditative practices or using it as a medicine, rather than that of young people using it recreationally for a short-lived high.
Appearance and Smell
is a beautiful plant to behold. Though it is a short plant, it is densely packed with white, sticky trichomes containing bountiful THC
Medicinal Marijuana Review
weed tends to have THC levels around 21% and an impressive 6% CBD. This makes a great balance for a pure Indica which is also full of other therapeutic substances.
Afghani Kush weed is your most basic 100% Indica. It is used to induce a state of peace. Therefore, it is a good choice for disorders that produce significant anxiety.
About this Indica Strain
- The cannabis strain Afghan Kush is a powerful indica, exuding an earthy, pine fragrance with a similar taste. Some reviewers have said it exudes a pinesol-like smell, citrusy and herbal.
- condensed buds when ready to harvest, broad leaves, and heavy resin content.
- It descends from the indica strain Afghani, its roots being traced back to the Hindu Kush mountain range near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. It was first bred to create a perfect and potent cannabis strain for producing sticky, black Afghani hash.
- has an average THC content of 13%-14% with a high of 17%. Its high creates extremely powerful effects on the body, causing the consumer to feel lazy and/or sleepy.
- It’s recommended for nighttime use, being effective in relieving aches and pains while inducing a euphoric sensation. Many reviewers say its hard to move after ingestion, as well as giving them the munchies. Those experiencing insomnia give this strain a high rating for its sedative effects.
115, 230, 28, 455